Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another ADC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, continuing my trend of posting questions about the AD Module in PIC micros. Here's another one. I wanted know whether by using a voltage follower, we can use reduce the Acquisition time to the allowable lowest i-e not effected by impedance since Rin would be very less. I mean we can have sources of (nearly)any impedance. I think its right but just wanted to confirm first.

Thanks.

Yes, you can reduce the acqusition time by buffering the signal. You still have the internal resistance and settling time to allow for. See the relevant data sheet for the calculation.

If you have a signal that is not changing fast then you can reduce the acquisition time by simply using a capacitor from the pic pin to ground.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back