Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Animate mode speed with Junebug

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeca

I have just picked up my Junebug again after a few long months! After making LEDs flash, remembering how to debounce switches and finding out how much I've forgotten.. I think I might be ready to do something useful :)

I found a thread from last year. I hadn't played with animate mode before, but it seems really slow.

It takes a few seconds for MPLAB to cycle through. Is this normal? I assume so, which (sadly) makes it a little useless.

Limit the amount of variables you're watching and don't run the 32kHz Oscillator

OSCCON = 0x72

Will run it at 8MHz and debug will go much faster.

Excellent, thanks Bill. I'm sure I've been told that before.. somewhere.. oh yes!

hi,

you can make MPLAB faster by adjusting the animation value

(explination in the attached pictures):D

Attachments

• first.JPG
    first.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 111
  • second.JPG
    second.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.