Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog to digital converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasawphaw

After reading the 10 digits from 18f452....i dnt know how to make use of the 10 bits to decide whether to initiate an interrupt or not.......pls help me with it

A most confusing question - digits or bits? I presume you meant bits in both cases. I think you don't understand what the term interrupt means. You don't initiate an interrupt - some external mechanism does.

Maybe your question is simply about how to use 10bits of data on an 8 bit machine - toss away the lower 2 bits - left justify and take the adresh value.

But in any event, I'd review your next question carefully so that it makes more sense.

nigel goodwin

currently i am working on a sensor for a sumo robot!
the sensor only produces analog output. So, from that i will have to decide the direction of the movement of the robot.Pls give me some advice!!
Thanks

motor control

i already have built an H bridge with mosfets... what i have to do now is to program using pic 18f452 with pwm. but i am pretty lost.
Thanks for ur help!!

I've not done it with an 18F series, but if you check my tutorials there's an example of two channel PWM using a 16F876, it should be simple to use it with an 18F series chip.

hi, Nigel.....it seems you're an expert on robotics.....i really wanted to build a simple robot as a starter...a robot that will move backward when it senses something that obstructs its way....what are the materials needed....the SW and HW...and what are the procedures to follow....i know some theories about analog and digital electronics...we build simple digital electronics circuits before...we have been lectured on microprocessor programming...but we haven't had the idea to put it in practice.......thanks in advance..

delay

hi,
i want to write a delay subroutine for 5s.Though i tried it with stopwatch simulator, the time doesnt synchronized with real time.Can i get a solution for that?

pcb

hi,
i am currently using power pcb software to fabricate a pcb. my problem is that i want to connect the circuit board with power by a molex connector. so ,i place a connector instead of power and ground. Then, it shows error.I needed to replace it back with power and ground symbols.So,i will have no connector when i fabricate........i dnt know how to do that.pls help with this.
Thanks

ok, 2 suggestions:

1) start a new thread for unrelated questions
2) place the connector and connect it to power (Vcc??) and gnd. I would guess your software expects to see gnd.

My opinion, If you use Servo motors it is will be easier.
I guess that you adc to connect with distance sensor to measure the your enemy robots, this not interrupt. You should poll this sensor every time as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back