Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog scope in X-Y mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

De nada :)
So then did you rate my post "Gracias" ? (just kidding)

The scope display does look nice, but i have to ask, do you really want to have to use a scope to display text when there are lots of nice displays out there for under 20 dollars that make pretty nice text?
Or do you plan to incorporate the text into the scope waveforms so you can annotate the waveform right on the scope?

With the exception of two or three things, all what I did/do in this hobby is just challenging myself with ideas that I try to implement. Once solved, I do not push them; they go into oblivion by themselves. Call it dual NCO's, Conway's LIFE game in a 128x64 GLCD, a 18F micro running as a FIR filter, a 3-node CAN newtork, a micro able to understand PS2 protocol plus the so many that it seems, I forgot.

Analog scopes and showing text on them is certainly old news and nothing that I intend to use effectively. The basics, I solved them already in 2009. All that was left was the code and this picture.

Solved on-screen text.jpg

My current challenge, for the sake of perfection, was to rewrite the original convoluted code. Following a rational logic flowchart, this time it came beautifully straight, thus simple, hence easy to tweak, and now is little left.

Display quality is close to pathetic but I am used to those results. Thanks God in my daily job I manage much better and I am certainly in control.

Still wondering if, as an outsider, using (wasting?) my time and energy in all this is worth the effort. I fear to hear again the honest answer which my ex repeated for years. ¡Oh sí!

Be well

Glad to see you got it working well.
Like I was saying I did something like this with a tv crt, its not that difficult to get one working as a vector monitor I used the original lopty with a couple of trannys working as a blocking osc for the eht, the ht, and the filament supply, and a couple of dual audio power amp ic's for beam control, and just a single trans as a blanking amp.
The slew rate of the deflection amps is important if you want sharp graphics.
For me theres a certain nostalgia in getting something like this to work, when I get around to it I'll code the intro screen for night racer, the first video game.

Hola Dr. Gracias for your interest.

Yesterday I managed to take a 60-seconds video with my tablet (quality leaves a lot to desire) which shows the actual results. Will post somewhere soon.

Using "dots" I managed to also build graphics but the time spent is huge just for a demonstration so I cancelled that part.

Maybe I am moving to something else soon.

BTW: lopty? :wideyed: What is that?

Sorry, lopty = Line Output Transformer, the y just makes it sound nice.

Its the trasformer in a crt tellythat generates the high voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back