Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog projection wall clock; what's involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeg

I'd like to build something like this: The Green Head - Analog Projection Clock With Working Clock Face

How difficult would this be? I'm not really sure where to start and it may be way out of my league. In concept it would be:

1) Focused light (preferably from an LED)...
2) bouncing off a mirror that has the hands...
3) ...then through another lens that projects it on a wall.

Would that work? If so would it be difficult to get the lenses in place? Could I even buy lenses?

You will need a transparent LCD screen like whats used in a digital overhead projector system and the right software to drive it along with lenses and a few other components.

I would combine #3 and #4 to make this. But use a non-transparent LCD. Cool.

Last edited:
How will you get the hands in the mirror?
I was thinking of mounting the clockworks behind the mirror with the shaft(s) sticking through a hole in the mirror. To avoid shadows the hands would have to be very close the the mirror.
You will need a transparent LCD screen like whats used in a digital overhead projector system and the right software to drive it along with lenses and a few other components.
Hmmm...I wonder what the resolution would be of a LCD screen? I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the idea and I'll post back here after my research.

My search for a transparent LCD screen didn't turn up much. They were too expensive for me (when I could get a price).

I did find this "light clock" over at instructables.com. I'm gonna try modifying it for what I want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back