Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an eloctronic counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushant

I am going to do a project in which an electronic circuit that can count the number of vehiclespassing across during a particular interval is to be used and another signal proportional to that no will be fed to another part of the circuit.I think i can use a laser beam counter but the problem comes in producing signal proportional to that number.What can I do?[/list]

sushant said:

I am going to do a project in which an electronic circuit that can count the number of vehiclespassing across during a particular interval is to be used and another signal proportional to that no will be fed to another part of the circuit.I think i can use a laser beam counter but the problem comes in producing signal proportional to that number.What can I do?[/list]

It's usually done by placing two 'switches' across the road surface, probably just tubes full of air which activate pressure switches at the side of the road - it's quite common to see these across the road, connected to a box with a recorder inside.

What is the proportional signal intended for?, feeding a chart recorder or something like that?. If so, presumably you only need to update it at certain intervals - it looks like another fine project for a micro-controller, use that to do the counting, and after the required interval output the current count via a D2A converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back