Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An Accidental radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimB said:
Try googling "rf amplifier" I got over 7 million hits.

JimB

I think tat you need a tuner to detect a range of freqencies and then a freqency-controlled-voltage curcuit.

ps whats a foster-seeley detector?

EDIT I googled foster seeley and found it. I thout of it before I knew its a foster seley and I thought its just too simple to work but IM USING IT!

Last edited:
catcat said:
I google "amplifier" and I get NONE hits.

WHAT!

You are pulling my wires!

See the attachment.

JimB

Attachments

• Google.PNG
    Google.PNG
    90.8 KB · Views: 116
catcat said:
I think tat you need a tuner to detect a range of freqencies and then a freqency-controlled-voltage curcuit.

ps whats a foster-seeley detector?

EDIT I googled foster seeley and found it. I thout of it before I knew its a foster seley and I thought its just too simple to work but IM USING IT!

Hello,
Before you start FM, you should have "heavy" studies on AM, transistors, diodes, amplifiers, rf...

Every radio has a detector.
What is a detector?
Detector is what "extracts" the audio frequency from the modulated radio-frequency waves.
To detect AM is quite simple, because it's amplitude modulated and the frequency is always the same.
FM is more complicated, the amplitude is aways the same, but the frequency always changes according to the AF modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back