6) Put out the burning amplifier with a fire extinguisher.Power Test:
1) Make sure the mains voltage is what it is supposed to be.
2) Load the amplifier with its rated load resistance with a non-inductive resistor.
3) Feed it a sine-wave from 20Hz to 20kHz and see its waveform on an oscilloscope. 4) Turn up the level until you see the waveform clip.
5) Measure the voltage and calculate the power.
yes but these connectors are often advertised as improving sound quality.....If both connector and receptacle are gold plated they have a tendency to bond to each other. That and golds general good electrical conductance and high chemical resistance makes it an almost ideal choice for connectors.