Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplifier help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul200

I have a sensor that outputs a range of +/- 0 to 5 volts
I need to convert this to protional range of +/- 0 to 10 volts

I am building a 3 axis gyro stabalised camera.

I have a spark fun gyro which outs a max of +/- 3 volts.
My servo amplifier needs a +/- 10volts.

Yes I do know what op amp is. I need to know which type?

I thought you were pointing me to a web link sorry.

looking at 741 circuit diagrams the all show input terminals marked as plus and minus.

this is why I posted because the positve terminal will be a minus value some of the time

paul200 said:
looking at 741 circuit diagrams the all show input terminals marked as plus and minus.

this is why I posted because the positve terminal will be a minus value some of the time

All opamps are marked like that, they aren't positive and negative, they are non-inverting and inverting.

When I asked if you knew what an opamp was, you lied didn't you? :p

why do you say I lied.

there is plenty of info on op amps but did not answer my particular question.
I have built several op amps for different projects.

I came to this site for help not to be called a lier

paul200 said:
why do you say I lied.

Because the absolute most basic thing about an opamp is the inverting and non-inverting inputs - and you didn't know that!. Presumably all you 'know' about opamps is that they are little plastic squares with a number of legs?.

Try doing a google on 'opamp tutorial' or '741 tutorial', which will give you enough knowledge to do what you want!.

paul200 said:
why do you say I lied.

there is plenty of info on op amps but did not answer my particular question.
I have built several op amps for different projects.

I came to this site for help not to be called a lier

I think they really wanted to help you but they also need the DETAILS from you...I also see that you are so serious about this...Anyone can help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back