Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplified thermocouple issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay, was out of town this weekend. It's a TI chip, part number DCP021212P. There are lots of other listings too, this is just the one I felt would work best for me. Search on 'dc converter' at digikey.com, then select dc/dc converters. From there it gives you a host of options to refine the search based on power ratings, input, output, etc.
Did have to end up using a regulator to step down the input voltage. It worked for the short trials I did while mocking it up, and then to verify the final product. But after 5 minutes on the road it turned off. There's a 'watchdog' feature on the chip to prevent damage from operating outside the parametes, so it just kept tripping the circuit. I picked up a cheapo 12vdc regulator from Radioshack for about $1.50 and wired that into the circuit, works great now, even for extended periods. --Ryan

Cheers Ryan,
Thanks for the info,
John :)

is this of use?

broken link removed

mm linking doesnt work. ohh well, you can cut and paste;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about this thread, it's three years old!

lol yes. ahh well, the link may still be useful:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back