AMD OR Pentium (WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambo

I am an AMD man myself i dont know why but i just am. Place a vote if your an AMD or Pentium Person and maybe why

im just doing this out of pure intreast.....

Zambo
(MATHS= UNIVERSAL LOGIC)

AMD here too
But be sure you have sufficient ventilation and enough fans to keep it cool. I've heard it gets more hot than pentium. :wink:

What's in a name ?

I have an old laptop computer with a 20MHz '486 running Win 3.1
I have a new laptop computer with a fan-cooled 1GHz pentium running Win ME

They both do things at about the same speed (boot up, spell-check in M$Word etc) so what's the difference ?
It seems to me that there is a battle going on with processor manufacturers trying to keep up with Micro$oft's endeavours to sqander that power on trivial animated paperclips :!:

As far as computers are concerned I believe if you can tell what processor is running there must be *BIG* problems with the OS - Long live Apple !

Pentium IV 2.4 GHz and
Pentium III 800 MHz copper mine

difference? what difference? I don't see any difference!

Fan on the front, fan on the processor, and fan on the back - cool is good.

Well run a home network here, server is an AMDK6/450....

pc1 is AMD700
pc2 is AMD850
pc3 and pc4 are AMD1800

I think it says it all.... 8)

AMD all the way!

Currently running Athlon XP 2800, 1GB RAM, 360GB HDD's - does pretty much everything, but mostly for programming and video editing.

AMD x 3 ( and a P2 hidden away)

Part of the reason for the AMD is the overclocking ability - but this is about to disappear. See......

http://www.subvers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=36

Oh well, It was good while it lasted.

Must admit that the AMD chip seems to be much better than the Intel offerings. Or is it just collusion between motherboard manufacturers and AMD?

:twisted: AMD all the way

I have a Thunderbird 1ghz and a mate with a P4 1.6 ghz and we tested his then mine with PCMark 03.
The p4 won but only just... If i bought a volcano 7 and overclocked it to about 1.3... even 1.2 I'd get a better score

Cheers The Saint

From your Local Cop Killer

PS: If anyone reads MAD mags, u will understand this picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…