Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMC1350: Loading at the input of AMC1350

hiyo

Dear Team,
I am using AMC1350 in one of my application. Please see the below circuit.
You can see that the voltage at the input of AMC1350 is 2.294V

The expected voltage at the input of AMC1350 is 2.3766V

I believe the loss of voltage at the input of AMC1350 is due to it's input impedance of 1.25Mega ohm.
I put a resistor of value 1.25Mega ohm in parallel with R2 and obtained a value of 2.294V.

May I know any method to avoid this loss.

I've no idea about the AMC1350, but you could either lower the values of the potential divider (which depends on the output impedance of the unknown source) or place a buffer opamp between the divider and AMC1350.

You need to calculate the divider as if there were a 1.25M resistor across the lower half.

The result should then be correct in circuit, with the AMC1350 acting as the 1.25M

Yes input loading will alter your divider results.

1685818522522.png

You might examine model to see what they used as nominal value, eg. to get more exact
correlation in value simulated. Aslo might examine model to see how they wired its Voffset
and input Z.

Also notice their graph on Zin versus T is not a nominal 1.25 Meg, its a little above 1.24Meg.

1685819125398.png

Of course if you decide to use a buffer it brings along its own baggage of offset V, drift, PSRR,
and other errors, so be cognizant of that.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back