Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ambient Lighting - University Project - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullers06

Hi Guys,

My names Dan and I am currently in my final year at Loughborough University doing my major project, a household energy monitor.

Part of the submission requirements is to produce an aesthetic prototype. Part of this prototype is designed to feature ambient lighting which changes colour as energy consumption levels change.

THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP!

As my electronics knowledge is very limited, it would be more than appreciated if anyone could suggest how I would go about doing this. It is just a simple circuit which would be placed inside the prototype in order to give the desired effect.

A colleague has suggested using colour changing RGB LED’s on a sequencer. As I mentioned, my knowledge on this area is near basic and so I am not 100% sure where to start at.

Is there any kits available that would make this process easier? Or any circuit diagrams which would also help me out?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dan

I've attached a jpeg so people know what I mean.

The ambient lighting should be placed behind the transparent section on the rear of the product (right view)

Thanks

Dan

Attachments

• untitled.246.jpg
    untitled.246.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 244
You really did not need to post this 3 times!:(

Hi,

you might contact <mitchonskype1> for details about his newly designed ambient light system which he uses around his TV. It changes colours according to the TV-screen colours, which he demonstrated to me via webcam.

When contacting him please tell him you are following "Hans'" suggestion.

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back