Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM/FM Radio & Programmable Digital LCD Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon.h

Hi,

I would like to build a AM/FM radio as a home project, could anyone point me in the right direction of where to get a decent kit for home purposes and for adults that does require soldering and self - assembly?

One of you experts can help, I know you can!

Thanks.

are you new to electronics and do u HAVE to have a lcd display?

Relatively new to the subject, but eager to learn, don't have the components yet, but going to undertake a project using a PIC Axe and an LCD display, and programme with Basic.

I haven't seen any radio kits like this for a great many years, basically manufactured radio's have become so cheap there's no market for kit ones. Bear in mind, assuming you could find a kit, it's going to cost several times the price of an similar ready built radio.

Building one from scratch would be possible, but again the price just of the parts is likely to be several times the cost of a ready built one.

i dont know whether this is any help(because its in south africa): www.electronics123.co.za.... they have a couple of kits for AM/FM radios, the most expensive costing R500 wich is about $71.....

Actually its not essential that its a kit, I just thought such a thing might be available out there, Im aware of the IC tuners available, could anyone tell me where I could get a circuit diagram - showing the schematics of a quality responsive AM/FM radio circuit?

Leon - take a look at Ocean State Electronics, Jameco and similar suppliers. Several have a rather nice educational AM and AM/FM radio kit. I don't think these necessarily high performance but you never know. Ramsey also sells a receiver kit for FM. I know for a while MCM Electronics was supplying vacuum tube equipment as kits - for people like me who couldn't afford it when I was a kid. I don't recall if receivers were part of the offering.

Well seeing that you are new to the area you have a long way to walk before you are going to pull something like this off. Ive be studying this stuff for 3 years now and i'm only scratching the surface of this kind of complexity in circuitry.

the kit form wouldn't be out there. There is no market for them thanks to cheap labor in asia. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back