Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alternative for (infrared) motion detecting switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guen_max

:) We're working on a motor driven web cam that detects the motion of user and folllows the user within the field of view. Our problem is we first used an infrared motion detecting switch, so it basically just sends a 1 or 0 if it detects body heat or not. This sensor is not so accurate if we want to really focus on the user's face. (the cam has base that rotates and can also tilt)

The main goal of this project is to focus the camera to the upper half body, much preferred the face (as this is focused during web chat). So using the switch as sensor is not really the best option right? We're really running out of time what can we possibly do to remedy this?

What sensor can you suggest we use? Thanks!

Use a small array of the sensors - one in the center and 3-4 surrounding it. If the heat is detected in the center, it's good, if heat is detected in the side ones, then move the camera until only the center detects it.

Or put the pyro sensor on another scanning stage, and swing it around so you can tell where the person is. You'll also need to limit the field of view of the sensor so that it's about 'head-sized'.

Face tracking is typically done in software, but trying to integrate one in at the last moment is a bad idea.

for motion sensor

hello we need a circuit for a human body are there that time light will glow and when person will go out side than auto off after 30sec. so plz tell me what i use

Just look for a motion detecting switch. I'm sure you'll find it stores where lighting fixtures are sold. Models vary but usually it outputs a 1 if motion is detected, and 0 if none.

guen_max said:
:) we first used an infrared motion detecting switch, so it basically just sends a 1 or 0 if it detects body heat or not. This sensor is not so accurate if we want to really focus on the user's face.

guen_max said:
Just look for a motion detecting switch. I'm sure you'll find it stores where lighting fixtures are sold. Models vary but usually it outputs a 1 if motion is detected, and 0 if none.

Hi guen_max do you think you are solving the question by any means??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back