Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alternative doorbell components

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin

G'day people. i need your smarts again. i have a circuit that needs a Synthesized sound chip from holtek, th HT-2811. i can't find this component in australia, or anywhere for a fact, i would prefer not to but overseas, this component makes the 'ding dong' chime is there an alternative component you may know of. please help me finish my project i need noise.

thankyou all in advance.

Don't know if you have a Radio Shack in your area:
They have a chime that sounds like a doorbell PN 273-071..

hmmm, thats a good question:

Looking at the manufacturer website **broken link removed**

I see that the HT2811 IC has been discontinued. Thus Holtek doesn't have the datasheet on this IC any longer.

I see a similar product HT12M which is designed for a transmitter / receiver system. (LOL, I searched under customer service for "Ding Dong", doorbell didn't work for a search). I don't know if this is what you're after, but it is a start, nevertheless.
**broken link removed**

It looks like Holtek has a forum for application questions etc. I didn't want to register, so I didn't check this out. Maybe you want to?

Aside from the IC, it would be possible to create a ding dong sound using a timer and a couple of piezo buzzers, but that would involve some experimenting with different discrete components in order to create the sound that you're looking for.

Maybe someone has a datasheet or something. Sorry Im not much help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back