Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alps potentiometer for Casio privia px-110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishaua

I am looking for a double potentiometer that failed on a Casio Privia PX-110. The markings show Alps UC 502b. I can't find the same part on the alps site. Size wize this one seems to be similar **broken link removed**l but I am not sure how to tell the rating off the old one to see if it matches. I have also seen some Chinese knock offs that seem similar but I want to be sure it will work. The casio part number seems to be 91087899223 but it is discontinued. How can I get the ratings for the 502b and find an equivalent replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_5390.JPG
    IMG_5390.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5391.JPG
    IMG_5391.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 306
The "502B" is likely the resistance; 5000 Ohms (5K) "B" which means linear rather than log (A)

A 5K linear dual gang of the same physical size & lead form should be OK.

That's a rare pot, most dual gang pots are right-angle, not vertical like yours. If they are vertical, they rarely have two rows of three pins (like yours). Usually they have a single row of six pins or three pins on each side of the rotor.
Good luck. Are you completely sure it is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back