Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allocating registers from RAM for own use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peet19

Hi!
I want to allocate registers from RAM for my own use using CBLOCK. So far, I’ve started booking from address 0h, but the interrupt is at address 08h. This is not a problem? Can only 7 bytes of registers be reserved?
Vagy 0x20-kor kezdjem?
CBLOCK 0
CNT1
CNT2
ENDC

Like Nigel says, the Pic16F range used to be. and still is, very popular , even though its a few years since I used the Pics, a bit surprised when you say that there is a Lot of the Pic18F24K20 out there ??
That said, in our latter days of Assembly coding the 18F range were our chips of choice.

For Maths and similar routines in Assembly code you will find lots here-
http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist/index.htm?key=Labels

Hi!
Now I understand the memory map. I still have so many questions that there are symbolic names next to the titles at the beginning of the file register. What does that mean?
I chose this PIC because there is a lot of it out there.

View attachment 137426

If you keep the .pdf version of the datasheet open in your PC, Ctrl + F is your friend for any doubts like that.

Reading carefully the full datasheet in the long term, saves you a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back