Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alarm clock trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficdevil

I would appreciate any help I could get with a project of mine. You will have to keep your answers dumbed down for me because I have no real experience with circuitry. Here we go.

I have medical problem that prevents me from waking up to auditory stimulus and also allows me to sleep through most physical stimulus. I have an idea for an alarm clock but I don't have the knowledge to make it happen. I would like to have an alarm clock activate a remote control that belongs to a shock collar. I have already disassembled the collar and fashioned a more streamlined bracelet that I can lock on to my wrist. I have already had a relative test the effectiveness on me and it is fantastic. Now I just need to know how to merge the alarm clock and the remote. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

We cannot guide you to find a logic level in any clock unless you bought one with an alarm switch output that can drive a relay

Ian Rogers Thank you. Would you happen to how I could go about using that to supply power to a relay that would close the circuit on the remote and activate it? A simple timer asyou suggested would do the trick as an alarm substitute.

Tony Stewart my original thought was to terminate the alarm clocks internal components that power the speaker and use that to power a relay that would complete the remotes circuit instead of the factory push button. Could that be done instead of finding a specific alarm clock with a switch output?

My problem with this is that I honestly couldn't tell you what does what on a circuit board. But I do understand how it functions. That is why i would like help guiding me to what parts need to be purchased and what parts need to be removed from an alarm in order to make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back