Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Airwick project

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.hatfield88

Hi, I'm an art student and basically what i want to do is alter an Airwick Freshmatic automatic spray.
At the moment the circuit board allows a burst of air freshner every 9, 18 or 36 minutes but what I need is for it to work say every 30 seconds.
This is probably very very basic electronics but I have not got the slightest clue how it might work.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks, Dan

My girlfriend put one of those sprayers in my bathroom. I just know it's going to squirt me in the eye someday.

Hi,
At the moment the circuit board allows a burst of air freshner every 9, 18 or 36 minutes but what I need is for it to work say every 30 seconds.

Thanks, Dan

That is a lot of air freshener, what smell are you trying to cover?

basically ive altered it so it will spray paint, its for a piece of art that im working on, the fragrances u can get u wouldnt want to spray any more than what u already can lol.
thanks for the suggestions, any idea where i can get one of these 555 things from lol

How to hack an air freshener
The above link shows close-ups of the PCB. Looks like an encapsulated microcontroller amidst other SMT componentry.

What good is that unless you are very close to it when it sprays? It has to contact your skin and membranes to have any effect.

What good is that unless you are very close to it when it sprays? It has to contact your skin and membranes to have any effect.

The active ingredient is oil based, what ever gets sprayed, can transfer the fun stuff to the hands and fingers, and eventually to some unfortunate area of the body, that won't be amused.

Hello all U design experts,

I am looking to built a prototype of Airwick and basically what I want to do is alter an Air Wick Freshmatic automatic spray.
At the moment the circuit board allows a burst of air freshener every 9, 18 or 36 minutes but what I need is for it to work so that the Air perfume pressurized canister lasts for a period of 4months. I do not want the unit to operate off a battery. I would like the power supply to be 115 volts 60cy plug in type, converted to DC power to the unit. I would appreciate any input that is possible. If you have any better ideas for this project, please email me the details. Thank you in advance Electro-Tech-online experts.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks, Xavier Pow <Mod Edit: Personal Email Removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back