Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aircraft band receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Welcome! I would like you to discuss about construction of aircraft band receiver. I thought about something like this: tunable band-pass filter, then HF amplifier on low noise Mosfet (as it has high input inpendance), mixer circuit the same as in TRX Alan 18, then 2 or 3 stages of IF amplifiers on BF194 or MCA1352. AGC equipped in function giving ability of selecting sensitivity LOC/DX, Of course if should has a digital scale for example on AT8902051 + prescaler on 2x74LS93. All tuned with triple-section variable capacitor as it has not own noises. What do you think about this?

Lots of work. Go on EBay and buy a used KX170B aircraft Com radio or a used VHF scanner that includes aircraft band.

I have a VHF aircraft band converter which downconverts to the 10meter band. I use a Kenwood R1000 Shortwave receiver as the IF. Works well.

Welcome! I would like you to discuss about construction of aircraft band receiver. I thought about something like this: tunable band-pass filter, then HF amplifier on low noise Mosfet (as it has high input inpendance), mixer circuit the same as in TRX Alan 18, then 2 or 3 stages of IF amplifiers on BF194 or MCA1352. AGC equipped in function giving ability of selecting sensitivity LOC/DX, Of course if should has a digital scale for example on AT8902051 + prescaler on 2x74LS93. All tuned with triple-section variable capacitor as it has not own noises. What do you think about this?
Instead, think around IQ demod type receiver (software defined radio) You need to generate a clock 4 times that of the wanted range.
an 74AC74 will produce I &Q carrier signals. Chips like 74AC4052 or3 can be used as IQ demod. the resultant IQ signals can be amplifies and fed to line in point of any PC multimedia.
the software like Sd Radio from Alberto (I2PHD). thereafter all needs are looked after by this software like AM, FM, LSB, USB variable bandwidth etc.
for further details you may see a freely down loadable article from this link of Elektor. Software Defined Radio - ELEKTOR.com ? Platform for electronics and microcontrollers
May be you need to become a member there, it is free

Last edited:
May be you need to become a member there, it is free

All you have to do is sign up for forum membership. Each downloaded article costs a small fee of 5 to 10 Elektor Credits, which you might purchase for US$1.80 per 10 Credits. Payment methods are very commonly used and shouldn't constitute a problem.

Elektor keeps track of all downloads you've had and a repeated download is free.

All you have to do is sign up for forum membership. Each downloaded article costs a small fee of 5 to 10 Elektor Credits, which you might purchase for US$1.80 per 10 Credits. Payment methods are very commonly used and shouldn't constitute a problem.

Elektor keeps track of all downloads you've had and a repeated download is free.
This specific article, sd radio, from Elektor May 2007 is totally free, Boncuk !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back