Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aftermarket Rostra Cruise Control Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware that's all they monitor? - but there's no real difference between RPM and MPH, you just need to supply pulses based on engine speed and let the cruise control think it's speed.

They also monitor gear selection and throttle opening and maybe other things. 2400 RPM on the rear wheels of a car would be very fast don't know if the cruise control would even accept that. According to one online calculator, assuming 32" tire diameter it would be 228.5MPH !

I guess my point is if you need a governor do it with a governor not a cruise control.

he axis that I have to control must rotate at 2400 rpm, on which I have mounted a 250-4165 Rostra pulse generator with two magnets.
Can anyone help me?
Did you follow the troubleshooting procedure in the manual?
What was the result of that?

2400 RPM on the rear wheels of a car would be very fast don't know if the cruise control would even accept that.
The control can be set the handle up to 38,600 pulses/mile.

They also monitor gear selection and throttle opening and maybe other things.

On a factory fitted one perhaps (and certainly so, mine only works in 4th and 5th), but probably not on an after market one, the ones I've seen only have a speed sensor, and clutch and brake sensors (to disable it if you press the clutch or brake).

On a factory fitted one perhaps (and certainly so, mine only works in 4th and 5th), but probably not on an after market one, the ones I've seen only have a speed sensor, and clutch and brake sensors (to disable it if you press the clutch or brake).

The one I installed in a 1989 Chevy truck used many of the wires going into the factory ECM. They used Scotchlok wire taps to connect to the ECM wires. **broken link removed**

Thanks for the answers, the cruise control install it in a stationary engine not in a vehicle and I really want it to work as governor, I installed the original rostra pulses generator on the axle and I can install the magnetos that are necessary. With the installation of the diagram it simply does not engage.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back