Affordable Head Mounted Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch37

I am looking for a affordable Head Mounted Display.

Just something small and simple that i can just use as a display. I have tried searching but its ridiculous how much they cost. From about $350 to $100000... for a display..

I dont want any gyros, 3D life-like displays, transparent displays, DVI input or anything! Just a display to use for a project.

I have a small budget of <$200. Does anyone know anything that might help me out?

Regards,
Mitch

Last edited:
I remember that there used to be a couple of video headsets that were made to be plugged into video game consoles using attached RCA cables. They retailed for between 150 and 200 dollars and were sold at a few retail chain computer/console game stores in the United States. I haven't seen them in a while, however, and I am guessing that they did not sell very well. I do not remember the names of the products, just vague details about the packaging. It might be a place for you to start, though.

I think the lowest I have seen was at a surplus website as well, they were $180 if I recall, do not recall the specs, but VGA+. I almost bought one just to play, but $180 is an expensive toy for me.

I just seen something that may be suitable - Techwood TPH-03 Portable Cinema goggles.
They are being sold complete with a portable dvd player on a UK website for about £100.
It is a vga (640x480) resolution colour screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…