Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Affordable Head Mounted Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch37

I am looking for a affordable Head Mounted Display.

Just something small and simple that i can just use as a display. I have tried searching but its ridiculous how much they cost. From about $350 to $100000... for a display..

I dont want any gyros, 3D life-like displays, transparent displays, DVI input or anything! Just a display to use for a project.

I have a small budget of <$200. Does anyone know anything that might help me out?

Regards,
Mitch

Last edited:
I remember that there used to be a couple of video headsets that were made to be plugged into video game consoles using attached RCA cables. They retailed for between 150 and 200 dollars and were sold at a few retail chain computer/console game stores in the United States. I haven't seen them in a while, however, and I am guessing that they did not sell very well. I do not remember the names of the products, just vague details about the packaging. It might be a place for you to start, though.

I think the lowest I have seen was at a surplus website as well, they were $180 if I recall, do not recall the specs, but VGA+. I almost bought one just to play, but $180 is an expensive toy for me.

I just seen something that may be suitable - Techwood TPH-03 Portable Cinema goggles.
They are being sold complete with a portable dvd player on a UK website for about £100.
It is a vga (640x480) resolution colour screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back