Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advise on RJ45 Jack for ENC28J60

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

Hi.. I need advise on RJ45 Jack for my upcomming ENC28J60 related final year project.

I found this jack from tyco (model number 5-6605308-1) from http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/TE/bin/TE.Connect?C=1&M=BYPN&PID=407680&PN=5-6605308-1

I also found this jack from Stewart Connector (model number SI-50158-F) from **broken link removed**

In my country, the one from tyco is cheaper than the one from Stewart Connector. My preference is to buy the one from tyco because it is cheaper and i am also tight on budget. However, I am afraid that it cannot be used.
Can somebody please advise me on which one i should buy..? What are the significant differences (if any).. The only thing i could think of is quality but then, how different is the quality.. and is the difference in quality significant..?
I am just afraid of buying the wrong one cause those are expensive..

Are there any other jacks with built in magnetics which are cheaper..? I live in Malaysia.

Thanks for the advice.

I have some troble. i forgot to using magnetic transformer. i directly conncet pin TPOUT and TPIN to RJ45 (without transformer). is my chip enj28j60 will be damage?
thx

If this is for Ethernet you're violating the physical layer specs, you need magnetic issolation. You could buy new RJ45 jacks that have the magnetics built in like Mea said but they're expensive. MagJack is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back