Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjusting Potentiometer Resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblo163

I need to replace 2 pots that are not standard rating on my mobility scooter.One pot is rated at 20K and is used as a variable resistor for adjusting speed control (wiper not used).The other is a 5K which is for forward and reverse options and uses all three terminals.The closest to a 5K is 4K7,would it be possible to connect a 300 ohm resistor in series with the wiper to achieve 5K ?

One pot is rated at 20K and is used as a variable resistor for adjusting speed control (wiper not used).
The wiper is used! Use one end and the wiper. OR Tie one end to the wiper.
The other is a 5K which is for forward and reverse options and uses all three terminals.The closest to a 5K is 4K7,would it be possible to connect a 300 ohm resistor in series with the wiper to achieve 5K ?
Use the 4k7. Don't add the 300 ohms. It will work.

The last time I looked, 5k was readily available. Is it a normal single turn pot or a rocker pot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back