Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjustable current limiter for PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klipeti

Hello

I don't have PSU, so I thought about "building" one. I have searched Ebay and found cheap AC to DC converter and pre-built LM338 circuit. Then I found cheap Voltage Meter for it, and now I need only something to limit current.

AC 230V to DC 24V 5A
**broken link removed**

LM338 circuit with cooling
**broken link removed**

Voltage Meter Display
**broken link removed**

So, with those I should have _cheap_ PSU.
Next thing I need is something to adjust current...

Any ideas?

Maybe something like this instead of the 338 regulator. You can replace the 2 little ten turn pots with regular ones and you have a constant voltage constant current supply.
**broken link removed**

That sounds pretty good, thanks for answer :)

BTW, how can I display/measure the limited current in that DC to DC converter?

Go back to where you got the voltage meter from and look for a current meter. 5A or 10A
I found this: **broken link removed**
That should work, but the example wiring shows how to measure current from load. I was thinking about showing the max. current output, can I do it with that meter?

You do measure the current to the load. If there is no load it will measure 0.
Usually there is a knob in you power supply that sets the max current. If you short out the leads and adjust the knob for (1A) then you have set the current limit for 1 amp. Often the knob is labeled 1,2,3,4 amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back