Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Add your code

Status
Not open for further replies.
The value of any archive is dependent on its index. Perhaps at this early phase, it would be good to have the forum divided along the lines of Assembly, C, or Basic. Alternatively, maybe a required field in the title could be used to show the same thing.

John

Last edited:
The prefix was exactly what I was thinking of in terms of a required field. Let's see...Assembly = Serious; C = humorous; Basic = other. Maybe some different prefixes would be more appropriate? ;)

By the way, word wrapping seems to be a problem after the new update.

John

The value of any archive is dependent on its index...

I agree. What we have now is more suited to a magazine like format that showcases the latest or most popular entries. People want to find what they need not what was posted last or what other people were looking for.

Few people know about the code repository. While writing this I have been chatting with several members, who are microcontroller people, about the code repository or how to find it.

" no, never seen it"
" never even heard of it"
" I wouldn't have noticed it's clickeable if you hadn't told me."
" I must admit that I wouldn't use ETO to look for code"
" For most controller projects you have to deliver a schematic and it would only work on a specific controller of the family."

Could be a bit of the chicken and the egg thing but, the link to the repository is not in keeping with the forum navigation and people do not see it.

Last edited:
Matlab is not microcontroller per se, but requests for its code are quite frequent on other forums. John

I am not suggesting how to do it but this is how I see the natural organization of the data.

There is a tree structure to the information/code with language code as the first node from the root and the compiler specif nodes below that. Nodes below the compiler level would be chip specific. For example if we do this directory style a program for PIC16F88 would exists at this level /root/c/hitech/PIC16F88.

There could even possibly be language independent info at the root level.

EDIT: I know I am sounding disagreeable but that is not my intent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back