ADC read problem Temperature sennsor using NTC thermistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rems

Hi
i have a problem with my temprature sensor using 4 channel NTC thermistor PIC16f1937.In my design the thermistor is reading the temperature ,but when i short the thermistor with resistance its reading very low temperature,as iam using NTC it should read a high temperature.what will be the problem,could anyone help.Thanks

hi,
What resistance do you have in series with the thermistor and is it in the top or bottom of the resistance/thermistor divider.??
This tool may help.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/thermistor-resistance-calculator.php

Last edited:
iam using 12k resistor and EPCOS B57276K thermistor.is my adc reading in my program wrong.because iam getting adc value and temperature .but when o short the thermistor it is going wrong.

Is your PIC configured to use Vdd as a reference voltage, or some other reference?

vdd as reference voltage.i configured the ADCON1 pin according to datasheet.
ADCON1=0b10100000;

iam using 12k resistor and EPCOS B57276K thermistor.is my adc reading in my program wrong.because iam getting adc value and temperature .but when o short the thermistor it is going wrong.

Hi,
will ask again,
is the 12k resistance in the top or bottom of the resistance/thermistor divider.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…