Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC read problem Temperature sennsor using NTC thermistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rems

Hi
i have a problem with my temprature sensor using 4 channel NTC thermistor PIC16f1937.In my design the thermistor is reading the temperature ,but when i short the thermistor with resistance its reading very low temperature,as iam using NTC it should read a high temperature.what will be the problem,could anyone help.Thanks

Hi
i have a problem with my temprature sensor using 4 channel NTC thermistor PIC16f1937.In my design the thermistor is reading the temperature ,but when i short the thermistor with resistance its reading very low temperature,as iam using NTC it should read a high temperature.what will be the problem,could anyone help.Thanks

hi,
What resistance do you have in series with the thermistor and is it in the top or bottom of the resistance/thermistor divider.??
This tool may help.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/thermistor-resistance-calculator.php

Last edited:
iam using 12k resistor and EPCOS B57276K thermistor.is my adc reading in my program wrong.because iam getting adc value and temperature .but when o short the thermistor it is going wrong.

Is your PIC configured to use Vdd as a reference voltage, or some other reference?

vdd as reference voltage.i configured the ADCON1 pin according to datasheet.
ADCON1=0b10100000;

iam using 12k resistor and EPCOS B57276K thermistor.is my adc reading in my program wrong.because iam getting adc value and temperature .but when o short the thermistor it is going wrong.

Hi,
will ask again,;)
is the 12k resistance in the top or bottom of the resistance/thermistor divider.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back