ADC circuit problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have checked this circuit now by providing 500khz clock signal from 89c52 microcontroller and analog input in the form of voltage from a variable resistor connected to 5v dc and ground.... but .... the above circuit is not working :-( can any one please tell me the reason.

Attachments

• adc0808.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 858
Last edited:
I think the ALE input is edge sensitive not level. If so then the A,B & C inputs may not be read.

You might check to see if your LEDs are in backwards.
and
The ADC0808 can not pull up hard. (500uA?) so the LEDs will not be bright. Check with a meter to see if some are at 0 volts and some are at 1.4 volts.

The LEDs in my circuit are connected in right direction. i checked the outputs of the ADC with a digital meter but the out puts are all 0v. means it is not generating the output.
can you please tell me what should be the maximum voltage at the analog input. and what should be the clock frequency provided to the ADC?

oh thank you MR ronsimpson ... you was right ,,, the problem was with ALE wich i pulld high according to the diagram. when i pull the wire out of positive rail/bus of bread board; the ALE got a High to Low transition and Lacthed the address and data abruptly transfered to the output pin and LEDs glow out thanks again.

I think the ALE needs a edge so you could connect it to EOC so it will get an edge every conversion.

Here is the text for that circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…