Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adaptation of impedance to a headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniboy

Hello

I need to do an adaptation of my headSet (sennheiser hs230) to work in a radio System.

The mic of the old handset is of coal and the new one I think is dynamic!

So...

in the 2 pin's I have:

Open circuit = -12V / 12V
The old Circuit with the handset = 5,8V

I hope anyone can help me!

best Regards
Daniboy

The mic of the old handset is of coal and the new one I think is dynamic!
I think you mean that the old microphone is a carbon microphone (not coal!).
What radio is so old that it uses a carbon mic?

JimB

Ok you Right.

it's carbon microphone and in fact is not a radio but a console to a radar navy operator.

So the equipment brings a handset and a footswitch, but the operators wants a headset! So if I can change one headset, change the plug I will be happy.

thank's again
Daniboy

Not a simple change I think.
The carbon mic requres an excitation voltage (the +/- 12v you measured), the dynamic mic does not.
The carbon mic will have a much higher output voltage than the dynamic. I think you will need an amplifier.

The easy solution, modify a headset to use a carbon mic.

JimB

So you propose that I use a Amplifier (do you have eschematic circuit?), or change the headset to one that use carbon mic.

The second option is clear but is more expensive (I've buy this one) and I think is not common headset with carbon mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back