Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD822 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ircrashed

Hello Fellow Electronics Enthusiasts,
I have a couple of AD822 single supply op amps. I wanted to clear one thing that is if i connect both the inputs of the op amp to the ground i still get a voltage of 5mV at the output. Is this normal or is there a problem with my ICs. Should the voltage be very close to zero if both the inputs are connected together and grounded.

I think you need a 5k load on the the output (to ground) - otherwise you can expect some mV of offset (and some feedback is needed (even unity gain feedback. That is, connect (-j input to the output and connect (+) input to ground.

If both the inputs are the same, the output voltage is difficult to predict. The input offset is +/- 0.1 mV typical, and the gain is typically 1000. That would give the output voltage as being +/- 100 mV typically with the inputs connected together.

Also, the output saturation voltage with minimal load is about 5 mV so I don't think that you will get a lower voltage than that, even if the -ve input is larger than the +ve input.

The data comes from here:- https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD822.pdf

Both inputs to ground then Opmp is acting as a comparator, so Vout = Aol x Voffset,
Aol for this part is 500,000 min with no load on output. So 500, 000 x Voffset = the
output V you will get. If sign of offset is - then it drives output to ground. Also keep in
mind that Aol is min, it can vary as much as 100's of % so output very unpredictable as
pointed out Diver300.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back