Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD Result with Decimal Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello eric

Can you tell me why i need a 12V supply to the op amp?cant i work with a 5V supply?

hi Suraj,
The opa requires about a 2volt overhead so that it can drive upto +5V [which is about 102Cdeg]
A +8V or +9Vdc would be OK for 100Cdeg.

If you only wish to measure upto about +60Cdeg max,[thats +3V out] then a +5V supply would be OK.

Most simple opa's are not rail to rail, that is they cannot swing from 0V thru +Vsupply, they need a 2V overhead.

The CA3140 can swing with about +10mV of 0V and to a high of [Vsupply -2V].

Do you follow OK.?

The LM35 gives 10mV/°C and so at 100°C it will output 1V. A 2V reference and an opamp with an adjustable gain around 2 could be calibrated to give an ADC output of 1023 for a temperature of 102.3°C. The reference could be a zener/resistor combo and this would alleviate the need for a rail to rail opamp.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back