Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBurmeister

Might anyone know where I can find an AC Motor that has 175 to 200kw and runs at about 13000 rpm? I need to find this for my current project.

What is the frequency of your power source? The fastest an AC motor can run from 60Hz is 3600 rpm. For 13,000 rpm you need a minimum power input frequency of 216.7Hz (actually somewhat greater than that for a two-pole, induction motor to allow for slip). Thus you need a 200kW power inverter to generate the 217Hz power for the motor.

For such a device you need to contact a large motor manufacturer such as Baldor.

Power tool motors rotate at that speed, but far away from 175KW.

3-phase motors are synchronous motors and their rpm depends on the number of poles.

I'm afraid you'll have to use a very strong motor (size order of an electric train motor) and and a step up gear.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Here goes a sample of one I found, just not available to the public. I know that someone out there has to be able to sell something like this. Motor only weights in at 70lbs and fits in a car.

375 volt AC induction air-cooled electric motor with variable frequency drive. Output 248 peak horsepower (185kW) and 276 ft/lbs (375 nm) of torque. Redline 14,000 rpm.

Nice to know. :)

Keep the knowledge for yourself. I don't need such a motor.

That sounds like the motor that Tesla Motors was using in their cars.

Try contacting them. They may have some surplus as the economy has hit them hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back