1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Abuse of Conversations

Discussion in 'Site Issues & Feedback' started by jpanhalt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. jpanhalt

jpanhalt Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Last night I received a conversation from a member with zero posts. There were 11 participants in the conversation, and it was simply spam. Our moderators quickly removed it. Thank you.

Perhaps initiation of a conversation can be limited to those with 10 posts (or any other reasonable number) or more. That would not exclude new members from conversations started by others, but would provide a small hurdle for this sort of spamming. Here's another current thread on the same subject: http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/isotera-zombie-is-still-around.143524/

John

2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

It used to be 25 posts before you could PM anyone... It seems to have changed..

Hopefully Dave can look into it

3. KeepItSimpleStupid

KeepItSimpleStupid Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Yep, got it too. For one instance since I joined, I don't find it cause for alarm just yet. There was also a "for sale" post with no posting history. As for "my opinion" there, it seemed like a genuine post but the actual email addy was posted. The mods chose to remove the post. In general, even where I worked there was an all or nothing sort of thing once a small bad thing happened.