Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about using a steeper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joesamuel

haI.FRIENDS
iam just tring to implement a stepper motor with uln2003.and i gave four pulses throu its input leads but the power supply gets affected it cant drive the supply to the motor.do i need to use anyother circuits.pls suggest me any solution.

A circuit diagram of what you have might help, together with your code.

Problem seems to be very simple. The power supply is too poor. Get a bigger one.

Problem in stepper motor inrterfacing....

Problem seems to be very simple. The power supply is too poor. Get a bigger one.

But I am Using NI ELVIS to test the Stepper motor
When try to run it in the delay of 5ms at the time the power supply got busted.
Now tell me one thing H bridge or the ULN 2003 which one is best...
Now I want to interface it with the NI sbRIO 9642...
I cant get where is the problem is....

<<ELECTRO SAM>>

You have to be using a very big stepper your power supply can put out 2 amps at 12volts 500 ma at 5 volts a $3000.00 test board should run a stepper lol

Does the motor move at all? Are you sure your pulse sequence is correct and that you are useing the right leads as input and the right one as ground?

Does the motor move at all? Are you sure your pulse sequence is correct and that you are useing the right leads as input and the right one as ground?

That's kind of what I was thinking he has it hooked up wrong. We need to see the circuit. how its wired.

Connection in the stepper motor

That's kind of what I was thinking he has it hooked up wrong. We need to see the circuit. how its wired.

Hi....
But I use the data sheet to connect the device with the ELVIS . the motor number is PM 42S-045-ZSE. And i try to run it in the delay of 5 ms.
The wiring configuration is
1. Orange
2. Black
3.Yellow
4.Brown

Ground 'RED'

The circuit is connect the DIAGRAM in the name Stepper motor Controll Connection Diagram...

I think connection is OK.
I want to know the connection, Is it possible to connect the stepper motor with this sbRIO kind of low power devices through ULN2003....

thank U

<<ELECTRO SAM>>

Attachments

• Stepper Motor Controller Connection Diagrams.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 121
Your stepper not the same just because it has the same colors don't mean it's wired
the same you need to test it they show you how here **broken link removed** I have had some small stepper that would not run from 5 volts had to use a 12 volts supply

Yes Friend... I under stand the problem... Now I planned to use the isolation between my board and my stepper motor to prevent my board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back