Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About This Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reloadron

Most Helpful Member
Here in Northeast Ohio we had some blowing snow last night. So this morning I am talking to my daughter on the phone and looking out my front window. Looked at my truck and something just did not look right through my frosty windows. Hang up the phone and continue to look at my truck. Tell my wife something seems weird so I drag out my 25 year old Timberland boots for the first time this year and the rubber soles are dry rotted and crumbling so I get mad and just yank the soles off as the boots still had a bottom. Out I walk into knee deep blowing snow. The first image was after I cleaned the hood of the truck off. The second image is my truck interior. My truck has window guards and I leave my windows down maybe 1/2 inch if that in the front.

Snow Truck 1.png

Snow Truck.png

As the neighbors shoveled their driveways or whatever I literally shoveled out my truck. Then ran it about 3 hours with high heat, friont and rear trying to somewhat dry it out. I figure with luck it should be dry around May to June of 2017. :)

The snow was out of the west and the truck pointing North. Even the back had snow in it and those 35 MPH winds forced all that snow through a small 1/2 inch crack under the window guard.

I guess tomorrow I will get new boots! :)

Ron

Around here when that happens many people will just put a electric heater or two on their vehicle overnight with the windows open a crack to let air circulate. Usually things are dry by morning.

I've done it a few times and it's way faster and cheaper than letting a vehicle idle and dry it self out.

By the way, if you ever need to glue soles back on shoes/boots this super glue is the only stuff that I have found so far that works (it's pretty good at gluing your fingers together too):

spec

upload_2016-12-16_11-39-55.png

Last edited:
By the way, if you ever need to glue soles back on shoes/boots this super glue is the only stuff that I have found so far that works (it's pretty good at gluing your fingers together too):

spec

Initially I gave some thought to that. The rubber is so dried out it is sort of crumbling. Both soles, one after the other started to fall off. Kathy (my wife) bought me those boots about 25 years ago and they have served well. This was the first time I dug them out for this winter. The leather is still pretty good just no soles left. Can't complain I guess after 25 years and never cold feet. :)

Ron

The most recent snow here was in December, 1989.

Had to use my oyster gloves to make a snowman...

Oh my :eek:

The most recent snow here was in December, 1989.

Had to use my oyster gloves to make a snowman...

James Island SC isn't quite known for its snow. :) I wanted to move to NC but my wife likes it here and being now retired I really don't much care about the snow, unless of course I have a truck which becomes a snow globe. :)
Lost a good friend in NC a year ago and had interest in his house but here I sit.

Ron

Snow, what snow?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back