Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the illegality of posting an essay for translation base reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karkas

Hello everyone,

It's been years since I've posted here, and I remember there was a "**** chat" forum, but couldn't find it; please move my post to an adequate forum if it doesn't really belong here.

I am working on the translation—from English to Spanish—of the essay "Demystifying Single-Supply OpAmp design" for a course in my Alma Mater, and I would like to know if it would be okay to post it, after it's finished, in a freelancer website as a sample of my work. The essay is found free at the EDN Network website, but since I probably have to post somehow the original for reference and I'm still not sure if it's okay to provide a link for it, I'm still not sure if it would be okay, really; I don't know of the possible legal issues of it. I won't be using it to claim authorship or anything, just reference.

Thanks in advance.

I would think that if you clearly indicate the source of the original essay and that, in no way, do you claim credit for its composition, you would be fine.

You should also clearly indicate that the translation of the essay is your work and that you take full responsibility for any possible errors.

Providing a link is a standard net action.

There may be copyright info about the essay on the EDN site. Have you checked? You may need the author's or the site owner's permission to publish any derivative work (such as a translation).

Thank you both for your replies,

I checked and there's no copyright info in the article page; however, I contacted them to ask if there was any problem with it and said that of course I'd do what cowboybob said. I think there shouldn't be a problem if I do so.

Thank you both for your replies,

I checked and there's no copyright info in the article page; however, I contacted them to ask if there was any problem with it and said that of course I'd do what cowboybob said. I think there shouldn't be a problem if I do so.

Asking them definitely was a good idea. They will be able to give you the best answer. I wouldn't release it until you have their response.

Okay, they didn't answer, or haven't answered. I contacted the chief editor and others and no response, I think I'll just post it and remove it if there's a problem, specifying that, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back