Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about the garage door opener hack on the electronic project

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick_01010

Hi, I wanna make this project, but first I made a little experiment. Here in my house we have 2 doors with diferent brand of motor, but both of them uses remotes with 10 swich DIP swich, so I tried to use one remote with the motor that doesnt corresponds it (obviously setting the DIP swich with the same code) and it didnt work, so that make me think that if I do the project it wont work with every brand of door motor. someone can tell me why and what can I do with my project to work with every brand of motor?

It's not just the brand of motor. It's the transmitter/receiver freq, the code and the encoding schema. 4 bit?, 8 bit? parity? .....Even openers from the same manufacturer can have different parameters. You would be better off buying a crowbar then trying to design a skeliton key for "all brands" of motor openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back