About Resolver Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hello to everyone,
I am working on a new project. I aim to control 3 phase servo motor in my project. The motor that I will use in my project is produced by Kuka and has a resolver on it. The detail of my project is as follows;
I want to control the motor I mentioned above with Infineon's IMC100 series controller chips. In this way, I want not to mess with a foc algorithm of other complex things. This controller has hall sensor input (digital / analog). In this way, it can determine the current position of the motor. I cannot directly connect the resolver encoder in the motor to these inputs. Instead, I think of some kind of circuit model that should convert the resolver signal to a 3-phase digital hall signal. I have no exact ideas on how to do this so I want to ask you.
How do I convert a resolver signal to a digital 3 phase hall sensor? Or is it necessary, how can I deal with this situation ?

Thanks.

My experience with resolver coupled direct drive motors is you can convert a resolver inputs into encoder counts but it takes a bit of hardware and software. So it's better to just convert to a real encoder on the shaft if possible. First you need to drive the resolver drive coil with the needed excitation frequency then read the sin/cos quadrature signals, decode that to a polar coordinate, translate that into ArcMinutes and then to absolute encoder counts or relative encoder counts with a index pulse. There are chips to handle the functions needed.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…