Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About My Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hi
I am currently an electrical engineering student and will finish my studies next years. I am a person who can constantly improve himself in various fields and I especially like power electronics and analog electronics.
I do not have enough experience due to my age, but I am stubborn enough to work on a topic for months if necessary. I think I can learn quickly and I can communicate easily with people.
Based on your experience, I would like to learn where I should focus my career when my university education is completed. Should I do my own business or should I work for a global company? My goal is to improve and become one of the best, rather than getting rich in the short term. In this way, I can have a comfortable retirement. Many of you have already experienced what I will go through. Therefore, if you were my age, what would your career plan be?
At the same time, while my education continues (slow due to covid-19), I plan to sell various projects with my own efforts and low budget. What do you think are the electronic needs in the global market? What kind of electronic circuits do people need?
I want to learn about your experiences, this is very important to me.
Thanks. :)

What kind of electronic circuits do people need?

that question is key for your career path. You simply do not know how easy it is to develop electronic circuits and how much competition is in the marketplace. Go work for a global company for a few years and look how hard there teams are working to make something a few cents cheaper to compete on price, less and less work is done to make anything that is fundamentally new.

that question is key for your career path. You simply do not know how easy it is to develop electronic circuits and how much competition is in the marketplace. Go work for a global company for a few years and look how hard there teams are working to make something a few cents cheaper to compete on price, less and less work is done to make anything that is fundamentally new.

You' re right. I've been thinking about the answer to this for the past few weeks and I have received a wide variety of comments from some of my elders. Many of the comments were like yours.
I am grateful for your answer. Thank you.

Indeed to grow in your career is very difficult and you have to analyze each step well in order to have beautiful results. For example, for a long time in general I thought about what I want to become and when I was in high school, I still didn't know exactly what I wanted to choose. After attending some career guidance trainings, I understood that I want to work in the field of medicine because I want to benefit society and help people. In the end, I chose to become a Phlebotomist and it was a good choice. Many do not know what this is, so if you are interested, you can find out from https://phlebotomynearyou.com/

Last edited:
Agree, I planned to sell power supplies. Since i am learning everything at my own - books / ask on forum and doing everything alone its a long way. If you have friend with crush on electronics, build a team. Its so time demanding doing everything alone especially when you are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back