Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About honda gear box

Status
Not open for further replies.

hispeck

Hi , i have problem with my honda 94 accord manual gearbox , it will not enter gear when the car is stemming but if i switch off the car engine it will select, i have replaced the clutch plate and disc still the same, i want to ask, can gear oil be the cause? because i noticed there was no gear oil inside
please help
hispeck

Then how about the clutch adjustment? Did you check the pilot bearing?

I only had what you described happen once. Had to stop engine to get in gear. The other times, failure was the clutch slipping.
The one time that I actually replaced the clutch, I forgot to drain the gearbox, but I found out why clutches would not last. A missing BIG bolt.

Please can you come out clear, you said you have had this issue before what did you do to fix it, and which big bolt are you talking about? i have done the adjuster the only thing i see is a little wet coming from the upper clutch cylinder, like i said what about the oil i talked about cant it cause it?

Last edited:
The clutch, throughout bearing, pilot bearing and clutch adjustment fixed it.

I had a hydraulic clutch. There was an adjustment(s) either at the clutch pedal or the slave hydraulic cylinder. This was 15-20 years ago. A Japanese car I bought in 1982 and had for 17 years, 240K miles. One clutch I did. I was 250 miles from home, on vacation, but my uncle had the facilities.

I've never had a manual transmission apart, but you do have synchronizers that allow the gears to mesh. When mine failed like your failure, it was only reverse. The clutch I did heated up after 40 miles of high speed driving and would start to slip.

One failure was accompanied by a noise. They said the pilot bearing disintegrated.

If I remember right, as the clutch wears, you have to adjust the hydraulics, so the clutch disengages fully. So it could be there.
I'm pretty sure it was at both places (pedal and slave cylinder) At vthe slave you changed the amount of extension and at the pedal, you dampened the "bounce".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back