Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A switch that initiates a current every 20 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexe

Hi guys & gals.
I know 'nothing' about electronics.....That's a start.

I wish to rotate a display board in an arc over a period of approximately 10 hours.
My thoughts (I want yours) are that I need a switch to start a micro-motor that is connected to the display every 15/20 minutes. Can you identify such a switch for me? Given that it is an outdoor display, amperage is important.
More info: A basic spring loaded toggle switch (activated by a tag on the side of a cog) would break the current to the motor after the display has rotated the required amount. Then the switch in question would be required to start the motor again, and again every 15/20 mins.....Clear as mud, ok!
If you can help, that'd be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back