Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question please about an AC/DC replacement adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price is within a few dollars of a fixed voltage regulator.
Carbonzit, check the web, you can find a fixed 4.5 adapter for at least 5 dollars cheaper.

Last edited:
Damn, I am waiting for post moderation on another post because I used a link. I am looking at this adapter. I google searched and found that another person had ordered one recently and when received it was actually rated 500mAH

Since I cant post a link, I will tell you it is a AC Adapter W/4 Way Plug Converts 110V AC TO 4.5V DC Thru 12.0V DC. 300mA Reversible Polarity from Frys.com for $8.79. So what is ya'lls opinion on going with this one or the Walmart.com: Powerline 1300 mA Adapter: TV & Video? Thanks guys! You have all been so good to help me!

Thank you darkmoondream, it's rare I see someone float through the forum as intelligent as you are, young or old!

Just do your first try at positive tip negative ring at as close to 4.5V as you can get, and I wish you the best from there.

The adapter that came with the Firefly things that were tested at the LED Museum was rated 1 amp (1000mA) not 300mA not 500mA. And the firefly things they tested sound like the same version OP has (which I don't think they make anymore). The adapter at Walmart that I posted a link for, will work. 500mA may be okay, I wouldn't go with only 300 mA. That adapter should be in stock at any local Walmart. Lol, hopefully, mine has been bad about running out of stuff lately.

edited for typos and such

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop back by and let you guys know that the WalMart adapter recommended worked! Thank you for all your help, I now have my pretty fireflies back!

If you can do videos Darkmoondreamer I'm curious to see some video of the little guys working, they seemed expensive but interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back