Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A push button switch algorithm inquiry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrb011270

Hello der!!!

Just a curiousity, What if I have a button-- when I press and hold it off course it will display a character corresponding to a keypress.

Is their an alogorithm when I press and hold the button it will only register one keypress for that specific button?

I need your comments, suggestions, sample snippets if any.

Thanx

Your post is a bit light on detail, but i'll offer the following. Assuming that you are using a microcontroller, you can easily craft software to only register one keypress when a button is held down. On one of my systems I use this feature. For instance, my board enters a debug mode if i hold the button longer than 3 seconds or so, but just operates normally otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back