Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A possible solution [Re: Walters]

Should we PM him?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Styx said:
Just because there is an arguement that Walters "spammed" this forum is in no way justification for ppl to insult him

I am the biggest culpret in that (I called him a fat idiot in one thread) and thus am lucky not to have been banned (as the rules stand)

I have decided just not to reply to any of Walters threads.

I see today that Walter's has pissed of another person trying to help him

I believe questions have to be asked abt Walters methods (reluctance to use google or to teach himself - would rather be spoon-fed), BUT insulting and banning isnt the way

Walters probably takes the word "insult" in a different form.

If we try our best to help him and he turns around and literally argues unrespectfully to us, what could we do? Try to talk him through 50,000 times?

I think this sums it up pretty well:

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

people try to help him, it's up to walters to actually use the advice given to him.

Hey, roboticinfo is in the house to throw in my 2 sence.
My opinion of this whole thing is ridiculus I mean seriously
you control weather or not to respond to the post
and then you don't have to complain after you have done so.
Everyone violates the rules once in a while, which everyone knows I have done so in the past, but that don't mean that people deserve to be kicked out.
As being a member for a bit now I can say this forum has changed in a big way. Some of the posts have been crazy and old members on this forum are starting to get tired of the same posts that have been poping up everyday or every week and now people are starting to complain about it, and now the members are starting to be a little rude to the other members.
I don't care how long anyone has been on this forum but everyone deserves to have respect on this website if respect has been givin back, now the walters cass does not apply for this since he has been a little rude, but I know some newbies on this forum that have not gotten any respect since they don't have a lot of knowledge and can't compare to some members.
Now I ain't saying everyone is acting like this but there shure are member s here that do and you know who you are.

I say this topic should be locked in my opinion and just drop the whole thing and not respond to posts that you don't have a positive or educational response to.
That is my opinion.

Walters, markphaser, and possibly others

It's not clear to me whether or not there is one or several people with similar posting patterns.

Various explanations have been proposed for this person/persons in the many audio related formums he/they ... participate, I guess.. in.

- they're a malicious troll
- they are a clueless inadvertent troll
- English is not their primary language
- they're disadvantaged some way
- they are a bot, possibly an AI project by some grad student or other
- they are a bot, but with human help at times the bot might get stuck

The most convincing possibility I've found was in another forum from a Don Mare. Check this link:

https://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

Asperger's seems to cover most of the observed issues. Sadly, it may not be possible to help this person by giving them answers, however correct and detailed they may be.

I wonder if there are others of these in fora that we don't participate in. It seems likely.

That still begs the question of what to do about the disruption this causes in otherwise reasonable fora.

It's all water under the bridge for me as long as people aren't getting picked on. I don't want to revive the issue.

maybe include this somewhere in your profile:

"No PM's Please"

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps you shouldn't have keep replying to his stupid posts in the first place?
I learned a little about effects circuits for GEEtars.
I hope others learned a little basic stuff.

audioguru said:
I learned a little about effects circuits for GEEtars.
shhhhhh....
Don't say that too loud now. :lol:

Hurray!

Walters doesn't bother me with PMs anymore! :lol:
Walters doesn't post here anymore! :lol:

I think he left here and is pestering some GEEtar players on their site.

Attachments

• icon_party3_145.gif
    icon_party3_145.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 337
I'm thinking with Mstechca is really a Walter's but 5 years older by the way he goes on with his super-regen and now with his bonkered ideas on micro-processors. :shock: No offence or pun intended mate but after a few people have asked what your smoking to come up with those brainless ideas really has me asking the question WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING DUDE

Note: After all this is a ****-chat area and I don't mean any malice mate just having fun

I'm thinking with Mstechca is really a Walter's but 5 years older by the way he goes on with his super-regen and now with his bonkered ideas on micro-processors.

ahhhhhhh shaddddddduuuuuppppppppppp! :lol:
I'm kidding with you

No offence or pun intended mate but after a few people have asked what your smoking to come up with those brainless ideas really has me asking the question WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING DUDE
chips :lol:
After all, I learn by experimenting with different chips and trying to make sense out of all of them. The digital chips are normally easier to use. You never know, I could be the next Benjamin Franklin or the next Albert Einstein!

Note: After all this is a ****-chat area and I don't mean any malice mate just having fun
:lol:

I meant the "future" one to replace HIM :lol:
I didn't actually meant I could die right now :lol:

Nigel Goodwin said:
mstechca said:
I meant the "future" one to replace HIM :lol:
I didn't actually meant I could die right now :lol:

DAMN! - and I'd just booked the party! 8) 8) 8) 8)

I've a few ideas for the invites :D

audioguru said:
Hurray!

Walters doesn't bother me with PMs anymore! :lol:
Walters doesn't post here anymore! :lol:

I think he left here and is pestering some GEEtar players on their site.
I found Walters on EDAboard. Those poor trolls there haven't gotten fed up with him yet. :shock:
I suspect he wanders from board to board, wearing out his welcome on each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back