Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A New Topic to be Decided!!!

Which topic would you like:

• PIC/BASIC Programming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HAM Radio

• Repairing Electonic Circuits

• Design and Simulation

• No New Topics Needed

• Other (please post one)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hello Everyone,

I think its time we added a new forum topic, as you all probably know that the General Electronics Chat forum gets a great variety of questions which range from multiple subcarrier modulation units anywhere to VHF PAL TV Transmitters. Having all these subjects in the one forum make it hard to moderate and hard on the members to find what they want.

So Mechie, Chris and I have been contemplating on the different ideas, we came up with 4 new topics which are all great. I have conveniently listed them in a poll so that you, the members that make this forum so great, can choose the one you would like to see hear in the future. Please make your vote as it is as easy as pie.

I am hoping to get some feedback here also so please post your comments too!

ElectroMaster said:
I am hoping to get some feedback here also so please post your comments too!

Ok, ok, don't rush :) I voted for the "PIC/Basic programming" although _I_ was thinking of basic stamp programming. That's prob. what you ment, but I just wanted to make clear what I though.

I did some programming on the basic stamp about 6 years ago, as a project in school. I (tried) to code a kind of verification system for smart cards. Like writing and reading bytes. Easy, no :) .. I didn't get the I2C-bus working properly I think, and didn't have cash to buy for instance a digital panel or something to learn from.. so I actually failed the project, but past due to nice tries, long nights and good looking documentation (not to underestimate!)

Anyhow, programming basic stamps are really really funny & easy but you can do powerful functionality with them.. so a forum for them would be appriciated, but I'm also eager to look into PIC programming...

Why not simply a "micro processor languages" forum? I remember coding asm on a motorola micro processor once!

Cheers
//Albert "thec" Sandberg

question

pardon my ignorance, but i don't know this term "stamp" is that like a programming language like pascal, basic, C or something similar?

be cool programming is just like intering the electronic world in advance knowlegde of all types of programming

Re: question

sparrow said:
pardon my ignorance, but i don't know this term "stamp" is that like a programming language like pascal, basic, C or something similar?

N.P, just thought it was common knowledge :) Basic stamp is a micro processor, running basic, at the size of a stamp (yep) ... from the company Parallax Inc. .. if you search google I'm confident that you'll find something interesting :)

Cheers mate
//Albert "thec" Sandberg

I voted for PIC/BASIC Programming.

It would be great to have a place dedicated to sharing project ideas and bits of code for the PIC MCUs.

Definitely radio stuff. There isnt sufficient help on how to build a very decent radio anywhere else. and this is what I want to learn. so, Ham Radio is my choice.

Miss the bus?

mstechca didn't miss the bus -- he just walked to a bus stop in another neighborhood and got on, much as I did. This topic was an old one from October 2002, before I discovered this forum. mstechca simply found it, responded to it, it reposted at the top of the list and PRESTO: I found it!

Maybe it doens't hurt for a thread like this to come around every so often. So, in the interest of mstechcan not feeling picked upon, here's my input: I see the need for a topic on test and measurement equipment since (1) metrology is my specialty in life and (2) I don't know of any forums that have that topic other than the one designed more for antique test equipment at https://www.antiqueradios.com

Dean

Ham Radio

Since I just found thie forum and am just a newbie here I go for Ham Radio please. Think this is an interesting hobby... 8)

Personally, i'll vote for repairing electronic circuits. To make this topic more interesting, we can also discuss on how to modify a certain circuit to get better performance :twisted:

I'll vote design and simulation. I think its more interesting on the basics to follow on technical aspects of any projects. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back