Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Little Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ6ta

I have assembled this entire circuit except this one part. I have never seen this symbol before and I know its not a diode. So what is it?**broken link removed**

Looks like R1 could possibly be a potentiometer, and that is the wiper contact.

Last edited:
Where did you find the diagram? One of us may be able to interpret the description that they hopefully provided.

The R1 component is a potentiometer, but how does that sysmbol incorporate into the design? I have everything wired up except that and Im not sure how to proceed.

The link for the write up is as follows

**broken link removed**.

My best guess is that it is a badly drawn potentiometer in a poorly designed circuit.

JimB

My guess is that it bears a strongly resembles the attached drawing taken from an old Forrest M. Mimms III circuits notebook Circa 1982. The part is a potentiometer and yes, the circuit originally posted is poorly drawn. The attached works fine. Sorry the original paper is yellowed. :)

Ron

Attachments

• 555 Pulse Generator.jpg
    555 Pulse Generator.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back