Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A litle microphone info...(plese)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

I have a mic from a mobile phone its cilinder shaped(5mm diameter,3mm height).It has a "F" on it.What tipe is it?(carbon,xtal...)

It may sound a dumb qestion but i aweys used carbon mics. :roll:

If you ask me i wod say its a xtal(proboly not,not shure :oops: )

microphone

Most likely it is directional electret condenser type, which means it requires and dc voltage to operate.

Thanks fro the info. :D
Its from an old mobile phone that is now 6 years of the marcet(technology just goes furder)

This site has some pics and datasheets:

**broken link removed**

It is probably a condenser electret. If you look closely-- hopefully it has only two pins-- one of the pins is connected to the case-- that is the ground. The other gets connected to Vcc through a resistor, the output through a cap. Schematics are cheap and plentiful on the web.

j.

Yes it has got 2 pins.Pins a coper circel and a piont.This is going to be trycky to soler(macing a 1 mm solder).

PS:
Whats the qualety of this tipe of mic?

microphone question

Microphones like many other componets have largely varing specifications.
If you mean the frequency response, I would venture to say it at least covers the human voice spectrum which is close to 300Hz to 3000Hz, although it can go higher. I have found this type of microphone with a frequency response to greater than 20Khz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back